Saturday, November 11, 2017

Tinder - I'm Harvey Weinstein

I get that in conversation people tend to talk about current events and what is going on. That makes total sense. Sometimes getting a feel about someone's interests with what is happening tells you a lot about a person. I know people who don't date someone just because of who they voted for in the election. I can't blame anyone for doing that because I'm pretty sure those differing beliefs wouldn't be beneficial in the long run. Now making a joke about what is currently happening in the world can be funny if it is done right. Today I believe we found someone who really doesn't understand how to turn any conversation into a joke.




Charlie, you are truly an idiot. I can't believe you thought this was something to use as a first liner on a dating app. You can't possibly find this funny. You are threatening sexual assault on someone. That isn't a joke. Have you been paying attention to the headlines lately? Every man accused of sexual harassment or sexual misconduct so far have lost everything, or almost everything. People are losing their hit shows, their companies, and even more. As far as I'm concerned they deserve that. No man or woman should subject to such treatment.

I don't know about any of you but this is the first time I've seen a message like this (in regards to Harvey) and honestly I am horrified. This is something that makes me want to delete all the dating apps that I do have. There is honestly no purpose to subjecting oneself to such messages like this. It only goes to further prove how stupid and idiotic some people are. This also goes back to my main point that having a discussion with someone and their views about current events really sheds a light on things. Obviously Charlie isn't going to go far with me and I hope he doesn't go far with anyone else for that matter.

To get messages of "Netflix and chill?" made sense because it was getting straight to the point of a guy wanting to know if you were down to fuck. That isn't for me but to each their own. However, this is an entirely new low. I can't even fathom how people are responding to Charlie because I have to wonder if he's actually gotten responses to such an opening line. I certainly hope they aren't very good ones though of accepting such a terrible offer.

What do you all think of Charlie? I hope that you don't find him funny in the slightest but I'm curious to know what your response to him would have been. Let me know in the comments below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment