Tuesday, September 12, 2017

May Ipsy Glam Bag Review

This is about four months late and I apologize for that. In my defense during the month of May things got hectic at work so I wasn't as focused on the blog or even what was coming in the mail. Instead I was worried about finishing everything up before getting ready for my trips out of the country. So today I present my review of my Ipsy Glam Bag from back in May.

I wasn't sure how to feel about the clear bag to be quite honest. I think I like the idea of having things hidden or secret, not that I truly have much to hide. It definitely has a cute design with the ice cream just in time for summer. I have a few friends who work at places where they have to have clear bags to go through security in order to get to work so this would be a cute clear makeup bag to have to take around. Why not be cute while you're having to show off what you're carrying around?


Mellow Costmetics Creamy Matte Lipstick Nude 

I'm not really big on matte lipsticks but I did enjoy this one. The color says nude but it was actually more of a light pink shade. It wasn't quite the color for me but as the product said it was creamy and actually kept my lips moisturized! There's vitamin E in it so that helps keep your lips nice and smooth. I can't complain about that considering a lot of different lipsticks just dry my lips out. It's not very pretty to have your lips shedding with a color on top.

pur~lisse BB Tinted Moist Cream in Light

I love to try tinted moist cream just because sometimes foundation is not enough and leaves my skin just super gross. This one boasted that it was great for all skin types including dry, sensitive, and acne-prone. I must admit that I feel it fit the bill quite nicely. My skin didn't freak out with it on and I felt it provided decent coverage. It's also SPF 30 so that's nice to keep my skin safe while I'm outside hiking or doing something fun.

Urban Decay After Glow in Sin

If I'm being honest I don't really use highlighters and I've honestly been afraid to try them. The champagne color on this one is fabulous and the glow is truly there. It's pretty intense so I kept it simple just using it on my eyelids and then above my cupid's bow. I didn't want to go all out and have myself shining up on another level. As I learn to highlight better I'm definitely using this one.

IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara in Black

Sadly this wasn't waterproof which was a bit sad for me just because I need that. I've said in previous reviews when they send me mascara it would be nice to see how waterproof the product actually is. That way I know if it is worth the money to purchase it. Either way the brush definitely separates my lashes to make it look like they're fanning out so I love the way it looks. The box itself boasted of how well it did when tested by others in regards to seeing fuller lashes. I don't think my lashes had a real superhero elastic stretch but it definitely did make my lashes stand out a bit more.

Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray

Yes, this sounded weird to me too. Basically it's a hair cream that is more like a mist. It's all about hydrating and taming frizz, which is something I suffer from with the heat I live in. The spray also works well to detangle when your hair is damp so it's a double bonus. I felt that it worked nicely with my hair and made it a little more tame with the curls I have. Plus it smells nice and tropical so I can pretend I'm still on vacation!


Do any of you get Ipsy Glam Bags? What was in your bag? If we had anything in common did you feel the same way as I did? Even if you don't get the bag have you heard of these brands or used these products before? Let me know in the comments below! (:

No comments :

Post a Comment